Storm Water

The City Engineer’s Office is responsible for the design or design approval of storm sewer systems in the City of Pierre. For questions related to the design or construction of storm sewers, please contact the City Engineering Department at 605.773.7407.

If you are experiencing a maintenance problem, please contact Construction and Operations Manager Josh Bible at 605.773.7407.

Report a Storm Water Issue or Concern

Storm Water Resources

The United State Environmental Protection Agency is the Federal governing body for storm water in the United States.

  • General Overview of Phase II
  • Requirement for Small MS4 Programs
  • Minimum Control Measures
  • Permitting Requirements

US EPA – National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System

NOAA – National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

The South Dakota of Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources is the governing body for storm water in the State of South Dakota. If you have questions for the South Dakota Department of Natural Resources, they can be reached at 1.800.737.8676.

  • General Permit Information
  • SWPPP Requirements
  • Storm Water Permit Database
  • Application, Termination & Transfer Forms

SD DENR Storm Water Permitting

The City of Pierre in order to protect and preserve our local waterways, is asking for your help. It’s our belief that together we can keep the Missouri River pristine for generations to come. How can you help?

Are you in the construction industry and/or want to know what the chances are that we should be expecting rain?

NOAA – National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration