Park and Recreation Board
3:00 pm - Convene at City Hall conference room –
- Call to order by Chairman Tom Rounds – introductions of guests.
- Determination of quorum. Members: Rounds ___Hofer___Lewis___Rasmussen___Mehlhaff___Judson___
Ex-officio member Filipek___Commissioner Goodman___ Staff Cheap___Kelly___Farnsworth___
- Any additions to the agenda, motion to approve agenda.
- Motion to approve the minutes of the April meeting.
- Board Transit Bus – discuss Old and New Business while on tour
- Capital Outlay proposal – request by Dr. Curt Kuehl, sand soccer court
- Capital Outlay proposal – request by Pierre Tennis Association, hitting wall
- Public Facility Task Force – report by Rounds & Filipek
- New Business
- 4th Street Trail and Mickelson Pond – staff are working with GF&P to develop the pond as a fishery for kids, trail construction in progress, play trail location and signage TBD
- South Dakota State Hershey Track meet – local qualifying meet is June 2 at Hollister field, state meet is June 23 at Hollister field, volunteers are appreciated
- Twins Community Fund grant - $10,000 has been awarded for the recovery of the fields at the Sports Complex, thank you to CCBA
- Outdoor Pool – projecting June 4th opening, adding handicap lift chair, steps, pool toy
- Flood recovery - staff will give updates, comments/questions are welcome
- Other comments/business to come before the board
5:30 pm – Adjourn, Next Park and Recreation Board meeting is Thursday, June 21 at 4pm.