Pierre/Fort Pierre Historic Preservation Commission
Minutes – May 14th, 2012
The meeting was called to order: Gordon Koch, 12:05pm
Members present: Gordon Koch, Marv Paulson, John Salladay, Crystal Hanson, Don Zeller, Dave Bonde
Members absent: Eileen Fishcer, Alice Wright, Leon Schochenmaier
There remains one open position (preferably someone from Fort Pierre). Dave will visit with Eileen about ideas for another Fort Pierre member.
Guests Present: None
Approval of Minutes of April 9th, 2012:
Motion: John Salladay
Second: Don Zeller
Treasurer’s Report: Don reported we spent $170 since the last meeting leaving our Pierre balance at $330 and our Fort Pierre balance at $250.
Building Permit Review: None
· Brief Update on QR Code Project – Don Zeller (see below under New Business)
· Cap Journal interview – Gordon, Don, and Crystal were interviewed for a story in the Capital Journal about the QR code project and grant funds. This article will be used by the Capital Journal as a filler story when needed.
· City commission presentation/Grant Completion – Gordon Koch – The grant was presented to the City of Pierre for approval. The commission has been given spending authority for the grant funds.
· QR Code property listing selection and narratives – All
o Gordon and Don will visit with BPRO about how many sites can be included the project based on the amount of money we received in the grant.
· Action Plan for initial listing – All
o We need volunteers from the commission to review the information on currents sites, combine duplicated information and ensure accuracy of the included information.
· May preservation month – Possible Cedar Hill cemetery in Ft Pierre
o Dave will work to locate someone to lead the tour and get permission from the Mayor. Dave will also work to organize River City transit to buss people to the cemetery for the tour.
Announcements/Other Business – None
Meeting Dates: Mondays conflict with other meetings in town. Either Tuesday or Wednesday are possible options to move the meeting. Gordon will check with Leon to find out what day of the week works best for him.
Next Meeting – June 11th, 2012 (unless changed by then).
**** note**** since the meeting and typing of the minutes the next meeting date has been changed to June 12th, 2012 and future meetings will be the 2nd Tuesday of each month.